Thursday, January 31, 2008

Moving uptown to Harlem


Tonight, was one of the single most pleasurable experiences of my lifetime.

Went to "Showman's" a jazz club at 125th street off the B train i believe. Unbelievable. The man of the hour, Joey Morant, was hilarious and an amzing trumpet player and singer. He kept trying to get me to dance, but I was having no part of it. I was wearing a sweater...who dances in a sweater?

He played some good ole tunes, and it was no big deal. That's what I like about this place....play some great music...no big deal. What I don't like...is that we each got 3 drinks (i got two whiskey ginger ales and a beer) and it was $55 bucks. That's a tab. That's a NYC tab.

The night before I went to Rodi Bodi, an Indian food restaurant in Queens. Unchartered waters. it was the most delicious food I have ever tasted. Believe it.

Gordon Smith, gotta quit yo' job and move on up.

Love.

No comments: