Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MY NEW BLOG

This is the first edition of my attempt at a daily blog called "The worst thing that has happened to me today"

It started on a particularly easy day...where I thought "The worst part of this day has been that I had to plug something in." An idea was born.

So, today The 11th of June.

The worst thing to happen to me so far, was at Starbucks, of course. I almost always get the corner two person table in the window. Today, it was taken. I had to sit in the two person table to the left of it. Sandwiched between two people, feeling exposed with no wall to carry the weight of the room. It was simply awful.

The worst thing to happen abroad?
The BBC reports that "more than 4,000 children in China have been given the name Aoyun, meaning Olympic Games, in the past 15 years." That is slightly more tragic. What will become of these young Aoyuns? Will I ever meet one? Probably not, as they are held captive in their parents love of China...they won't be studying abroad.

No comments: